"AM" the fifth album by Arctic Monkeys was released on 9th September in Europe but was also streamed on iTunes the weekend before its release date. Unfortunately, the album was leaked the week before its release but it has still done extremely well in the album charts. On 15th September it reached number 1 on the UK album charts and was nominated for the Mercury Prize. Arctic Monkeys have also broken a record with the debut of "AM" becoming the first independent-label band to debut at number one with their first five albums.
However, I am still yet to listen to the album. I don't know whether to buy the actual CD, because I have copies of the other four albums, or to just download it from iTunes. It would be easier and quicker to simply download it from iTunes because there is no longer a HMV store in my town, so I would have to order the CD online. I would like to have the CD so I can listen to it in the car, but it is becoming much easier to just download music straight to iTunes rather than buy the CD.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.